The holiday season is a time to spend with family and friends, counting our blessings in the warmth and comfort of our homes. Unfortunately for many of the people we serve this time of year warmth and comfort are almost impossible to obtain. A family in Moorhead is just one example of the needs we see in our community.
A single mom of three young children came to us this summer hoping we could help her make critical repairs to her mobile home. After being homeless for three months in 2015 she managed to scrap together the funds to purchase an older mobile home in attempts to provide for her kids. She suffered a potentially disabling injury shortly after purchasing the home that was then compounded through injuries inflicted by her estranged husband. With the help of “Masters Heart Ministry’s” the most critical and dangerous repairs were made. However the roof she so badly needed was placed on hold until a wonderful house sponsor stepped up “Bethel Church”. Unfortunately when assessing the property and preparing to get the roof completed it was determined the mobile home was in such disrepair it was not worth fixing. Rebuilding Together entered into the mobile home buying business; we were able to purchase a small home in much better condition. The new house still needs minor repairs and we would like to demolish the old home to ensure it is not sold to another unsuspecting family in the future. WE NEED YOUR HELP to make those repairs and to continue to give our neighbors in the FM community a hand up! Help us create a safe and healthy home for this family for 2017!
RTFMA transformed the live of 26 area homeowners in 2016. We are now working hard to increase this impact in 2017 . “ Claws for a Cause” planning is in full swing Mark the date , 3-7-17 and order tickets now . A new development team had their first meeting on December 7th and will be a wonderful asset to the organization. If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others by giving back of your time call Lisa at find out about our many volunteer opportunities in 2017 701-356-7836.
A Big Thank You To!
- The Consensus Counsel and Bush Foundation for a $10,000 community innovation grant !
- Jeff’s Plumbing for their generous end of the year Foundation Builder gift!
- The Iseminger children in honor of their parents, Gordon and Trudy Iseminger for their generous end of the year Foundation Builder gift matched by Sammons Financial Group!
- Our Amazing donors, volunteers, and partners who helped transform the lives of their neighbors in the Fargo-Moorhead community in 2016!!!!
- Sammons Financial Group for their commitment to another year of giving back to Veterans in our community for 2017!